CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) Basics in DHTML
Cascading style sheets effectively involve word-processing for web pages. Cascading style sheets can be set in a single location and effect the appearance of web pages throughout a web site.
Where to put CSS Rules ?
- Selectors - a rule identifier. Can be an HTML tag, a class selector or an ID selector
- Properties - what is being defined for a selector
- Values - assigned to a property
- In an HTML tag in the document BODY (inline)
- Embedded in the HEAD of the document
- In an external document which is linked to or imported into an HTML document