Selectors in DHTML
Three types of Selectors
- HTML selectors - the text portion of an HTML tag
- Class selectors - allows setting up of a class which can be applied to multiple HTML tags
- ID selectors - like class selectors but usually applied only once on a page to a particular HTML tag
In the example below IMG is the selector and SRC is an attribute of that IMG selector.
Note that the BR, FRAMESET and FRAME tags cannot be used as selectors.
Three types of HTML tags
- Block level tags have line breaks before and after
- Inline tags have no associated line breaks
- Replaced tags have set or calculated dimensions (width and height)